Point and Shoot

Monday, June 26, 2006

My first post

This is my first post on my new Blog, Point and Shoot. Hi, I'm Duncan, and you can check me out here.
I never intended to have a blog, I mean, blog's are just for sad, lonely people, right?
Well I've got my reasons. I spend way too much time (and money) going to support bands, go clubbing, or helping promote music events around London.
Lately, I've started snapping loads of pictures on my new Nokia N70 cameraphone, but I completely symphasize with professional photographers who see this is as a bit ridiculous - the low light conditions combined with movement of the crowd, bright flashing lights and fast moving targets mean the photos (or videos) never come out great.
Still, I quite like some of my pictures, and you can find them on my Flickr account (aswell as a few videos over on YouTube).
So I'm going to buy a semi-decent camera, probably the Fuji S5600; it's low-light performance and high quality CCD (aswell as very competitive price on eBay) are what made me chose it, although I have read that it can't use even Optical Zoom whilst shooting video, for some bizarre reason, and I'm hoping that's not true.
So why switch from Flickr and YouTube to a blog format anyway? Well look at how much more I can do with this (in collaboration with Hello.com), do you even need to ask that question?
If you want to know where I'll be covering next, just take a look at my DSI profile, and if you're looking for someone to cover your next gig or clubnight in London (or know someone that is) you can contact me through MySpace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home